Nov 16, 2010

Expozine 2010

Expozine
November 13th & 14th
12 pm to 6 pm
Free admission
5035 St-Dominique
(Église Saint-Enfant Jésus)




Our Dusty Peas table:



Jesjit Gill at his table across the aisle:



My big news at Expozine was the debut of my hand-bound MFA thesis, Do-It-Yourself: Politics and Aesthetics in the Margins and the Mainstream. It features colour images throughout, and is in general a more pleasant read than the double-spaced, Times New Roman, single-sided, letter-sized version required by the university. So far I've made ten copies. I intend to make at least ten more, and from there make them based on demand since it takes me an hour to put each one together!











I also debuted a little zine called MFA Doodles, which collects the doodles from the margins of my MFA course notes. I made it as a gift for Lynda Barry when I went to see her talk at the International Festival of Authors in Toronto. It was inspired by her book Picture This: "Almost everyone has a kind of mark they tend to make when they are listening... especially when they are slightly bored and listening. What's yours?"